- Applicants must be U.S. citizens.
- Employees of the federal government are not eligible
unless they are career military personnel.
- Applicants should be out of school and working
in their chosen profession.
- Applicants are expected to have a record of remarkable
achievement early in their careers; the skills required to serve at
the highest levels of government; the potential to be leaders in their
professions; and a proven commitment to public service.
- There are no formal age restrictions; however,
the fellowship program was created to give selected Americans the
experience of government service early in their careers.
- Fellowships are awarded on a strict non-partisan
- The Commission encourages balance and diversity
in all aspects of the program.